Below is the essay I submitted via Firefox’s feedback form earlier today. “The page was reloaded, because the character encoding declaration of the HTML document was not found when prescanning the first 1024 bytes of the file. The encoding declaration needs to be moved to be within the first 1024 bytes of the file.” This is absolutely ridiculous. No other browser I’ve tested on – latest Chrome, Opera, and Safari; IE 11, IE9, IE7 – actually re-request the page because of this. Maybe they re-process the response, maybe they just properly handle undetected encoding from the beginning, but none of them make a whole new request. I’ve spent the…
Hover over the links in my posts, sometimes I put extra info, trivia or "jokes" in the title text!
The views expressed in the articles and pages of this site are my own and it shouldn't be assumed that they are representative of any organisations I am a part of.
Also, my rants contain a lot of bad language so if you're offended by that kind of thing turn back now.
Tweety TweetsMy Tweets